LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Griffin iMic with LabVIEW 2011 OS X and MacBook Pro

I'm trying to use a Griffin iMic to do simultaineous auidio input and output on a MacBook Pro. Unfortunately, the device doesn't show up as an audio device for input or output in LabVIEW. 

For example, double clicking on the Acquire Sound VI brings up the configuration dialog, but built-in input is my only choice as device 0.

The MacBook Pro only has one 1/8" jack, so I need to use a USB audio device to do simultaineous audio I/O.

This issue seems to have come up before, but the thread died with no solution.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Third-Party-Sound-Card-Audio-Interface-in-OS-X/td-p/1067668

OS X 10.6.8 and LabVIEW 2011 (11.0) student edition.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Scott

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,823 Views)

Does it show up under "Sound" in system preferences as an input?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,814 Views)

Yup. The iMic works as it should for input and output. Only LabVIEW doesn't see it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,810 Views)

Hello ScottH,

I see on that same thread you pointed out that R&D is still working on the CAR (Corrective Action Request) #205484 to make LabVIEW work with third party audio cards. I apologize for the inconvenience, but there doesn't appear to be a workaround for that yet.

Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
If a post solves your question, mark it as The Solution.
If a post helps, give Kudos to it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,786 Views)

That old thread is over two years old. I'm assuming that LabVIEW talks to the built-in audio device on OS X through the API that it should use for the USB audio device. It should be an easy fix.

-Scott

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,784 Views)
Any progress on this? I'd really like to be able to use this common audio input device with LabVIEW.
Thanks,
-Scott
@REDS wrote:

Hello ScottH,

I see on that same thread you pointed out that R&D is still working on the CAR (Corrective Action Request) #205484 to make LabVIEW work with third party audio cards. I apologize for the inconvenience, but there doesn't appear to be a workaround for that yet.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,746 Views)