LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Griaule SDK fingerprint reader

Solved!
Go to solution

Does anyone have experience with the Griaule SDK and fingerprint readers? Do anyone have any documentation that explains the various ActiveX controls and invoke nodes? The manufacturer is not being very helpful and, without any guidance on for the ActiveX controls, I am having a hard time figuring this out.

At this point, I just want to communicate with a Futronic FS80 print scanner and show an image on the screen (no identification needed).

Thanks for your time and I appreciate any advice you may have.

-Matt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,648 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mes291

Displaying the image is actually the toughest part to do in LabVIEW.  You'll have to use a Microsoft Forms control or purchase George Zou's Image Toolbox (not available for LV 2010).  In his toolbox, there is a "Bitmap handle to Image Cluster" function that converts hbitmap to an image data cluster.  From there, you can use the standard "Draw Flattened Pixmap" VI to convert the image data cluster to a LabVIEW picture control data type.  Unfortunately, George's Image Toolbox does not have diagrams, so it does not compile forward or backward to other versions of LabVIEW.

I did not have much success with the Microsoft Forms control since I'm a G programmer (not VB or .NET).

Image Toolbox:

http://webspace.webring.com/people/og/gtoolbox/

https://secure.element5.com/shareit/product.html?productid=184757&languageid=1&stylefrom=184757%A4ci...

If you just want to see that your fingerprint reader is working, you can evaluate Blue Ridge Test's Biometric Login Toolkit for free after downloading and installing it from the LabVIEW Tools Network.  If you're not doing Login, then you can technically skip the SQL Server portions of the install.  Then, from the included Example Biometric Login Application EXE, run diagnostics.  Your Futronic FS80 is a supported reader.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
TestScript: Free Python/LabVIEW Connector

One global to rule them all,
One double-click to find them,
One interface to bring them all
and in the panel bind them.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,643 Views)

Also, take a look here.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
TestScript: Free Python/LabVIEW Connector