From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greyed-out Butterworth filter express VI icon in FPGA module

Hi, I am trying to use the Butterworth filter express VI in the fpga module. When I place the icon in my VI it takes a while to load and then when it finally comes up, it is shaded or greyed out and there are no terminals to connect to on the icon (see the screenshot below). I have been searching around for help and there seems to be no other similar situation to mine out there.  I'm simply trying to read analog signals from a NI-9215 AI module and filter them with a low pass Butterworth filter to then read them in a real-time VI and display them. If anyone knows how to fix this or if there is another step I'm missing I would appreciate your help!

butterworth grey.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,128 Views)

A quick peek into the help for the function would be advisable.

You can't use that function on the FPGA target- if you try the Compiler breaks your code.

Capture.PNG 

The VI only generates coeffients for a filter and does no filering itself.  Use it to pass filter parameters into the FPGA filter

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,117 Views)

Looks like the Express VI Located at 'Programming->FPGA Math & Analysis->Butterworth Filter' to me...

Its greyed out becuase it can't find the VI I assume... is it the same if you drop a new one? If so, I'd try a repair of the FPGA Module. Sounds like a bad install to me... Please make sure you have full admin rights on the PC when you're doing installations and repairs.

Let us know how that goes!

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,114 Views)