LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greisinger Easy bus protocol

It might come handy to somebody. Here is a native LabVIEW implementation of Greisinger's Easy Bus protocol for communication with their GMH 3xxx devices.

Note: Their devices use RS232 TTL not just ordinary RS232 so you will have to buy their convertor cable. We tried to make our own cable but it didn't work. I have the suspicion there is something more in their cable than the RS232 <-> RS232TTL converter.

LV 2011, Win7
Download All
Message 1 of 6
(4,420 Views)

Hey Ceties,

Thank you very much for sharing, I am sure it will be useful for someone.

Kind regards,

Ion R.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,382 Views)

Hello 
I`m trying to build a data aquistion system which uses 2 easybus temperature sensors conected in paralel to one easybus to rs232 adapter.
By using your code i can get one of the sensors to work but not the two of them in paralel.

I belive it has something to do with the address of each sessor .
Can you tell me how to propery change the address ?
Right now address = 0 works for 1 sensor  all other values give a timeout, address = 0 gives a crc error with 2 sensors  and offcourse the systems timesout with other values for the address.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,980 Views)

And update .... turns out that  easybus devices come  with a default addres of 0 from the factory and you need a special program called

Easybus-Configurator to asigne addresses and mange the devices. 
so for later reference  the configurator program can be downloaded form here -> https://greisinger.de/index.php?language=en&task=4 <-
Anyway the original program is great and helped me alot kudos to you  OP

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,976 Views)

Hi all,

we try to use dll supplied by Griesinger but doesn't work.

Now i'd like to try our library, but the measure doesn't change (is fix on 15.36 ).

We use the cable usb (direct cable) supplied by the Greisinger.

The read function in the response.vi sent a 1073676294 error message:

Warning 1073676294 occurred at VISA Read in Response__EASYBUS.vi->Example.vi

Possible reason(s):

VISA: (Hex 0x3FFF0006) The number of bytes transferred is equal to the requested input count. More data might be available.

I try with byte count but an error appear in the CRC.

You have some suggestion?

Thanks for answer.

Nicola

Nicola
LabVIEW DeveloperByteLABS.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,760 Views)

Hi Nicola,

I guess you figured it already out, but maybe it will help some other people.

I had the same problem like you and figured out that I used the wrong bytes. The massage was a 9 byte answer and the information about the temperature was in the byte 6 and 7 and not in byte 3 and 4.

If you will change it you will get the correct answer.

Hope this will help you!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,584 Views)