LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphing multiple analog channels on xy graph

Solved!
Go to solution

Good morning all. Need help from any of you that may have the answer to my question. I need to graph multiple analog channels on a xy graph. I am measuring voltage from a device and I am taking 1000 samples per second at a rate of 10,000 hertz. I would like to graph each sample taken vs its corresponding time at which each happen on a xy graph. How do I get the time so that I can plot it on a xy graph? The code sample I provide it shows a timer but when I run the program, it does not work properly. Looking forward to hear from any of you!!

Thanks,

Isidoro Vazquez

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,480 Views)

Hello, since your question refers to LabVIEW you should post it to the appropriate board: this one is dedicated to LabWindows/CVI

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chulito

You didn't include all the dependent subVIs.

@Chulito wrote:

I am measuring voltage from a device and I am taking 1000 samples per second at a rate of 10,000 hertz.

What does this mean?  Are you sampling at 1KHz or 10KHz?

Anyway attached is an example of what I think you want.  I am generating some random data at 1Khz, then pulling out the X and Y values from it, adding it to a circular buffer of 3,000 samples (this means it will fill after 3 seconds) and then graph it on a graph that has the X axis configured to be an Absolute time scale.  The 3 seconds buffer is arbitrary but you don't want to fill it forever or your PC will crash running out of memory.  This combined with subsampling is a good way to keep from using up more memory than is needed.  I mean If you put 10,000 samples on a graph, you can't see all 10,000 samples, your monitor isn't that many pixels wide.

Message 3 of 4
(2,406 Views)

Thank you guys you are awesome. This helps a lot!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,396 Views)