LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphic problem with LV7.1 winXP & dualcore CPU

I had running an old LV7.1 application (.exe file generated with application builder) on an old single core (AMD Sempron) CPU under Win XP pro (32bit).

After Damage of motherboard the system and LV application has been moved to an new dualcore system, same operating system.

The LV application is using serial interface and stores / rereads ascii data to/from file.

The analysing application reads ascii data from file and plots as y-t-graphic.

The two displayed curves are broken and displayed only partly (different parts in repeated program runs).

Is it possible, that this error is caused by parallel running LV  VIs for each of analysed and displayed curves?

Thanks in advance for help

joemm

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,126 Views)

Problem is most likely with the serial interface as the intial program was written with hardcoded delays which are probably inadequate for a faster CPU.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,118 Views)

The problem only occurs with analyzing program, which reads from ascii file. Serial interface is not in use by this program.

ASCII file contains correct data, acquired from serial interface.

Further test seems to point in another direction: graphic card.

The graphic screen shows broken curves and print delivers broken curves too.

But strange to say, if I make a print with PRINT WINDOW command from File Menu (Ctrl-P) the curves are complete!

So I assume, the problem is caused by graphic system. Next days I will test a dedicaded graphic card with newest drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,083 Views)