From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph of D.A.Q input question

Hey all!!

I have a voltage coming into my Labview program via a D.A.Q and being displayed on a waveform graph. The reading is very irradic i.e. its changing way to much. By this i mean for example at rest my output voltage to the daq is 8V but this varies between 8V and 8.1V and the daq picks up and displays on LV making taking a measurement impossible, all these changes are occuring incredibly quickly and lv is plotting them all. This may sound confusing i understand but all i want to know is that is there a way of making LV display the average of say 100 readings and plotting this instead of the hundreds and hundreds of unneccessary readings.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,386 Views)
have you tried taking smaller readings and using the mean.vi ???

analyze --> mathmatics --> probablity and statistics --> mean.vi
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,381 Views)
You could also filter you signal. There is a number of possibilities in the Analyse>Signal processing sub-palette. See teh attached vi.
But first try to understand why your signal is so noisy, use proper shielding. It is always better to control the problem at the source rather than trying to correct it later.

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,374 Views)
Thanks a million for your help lads :). The signal is noisey because the voltage is coming from a thermistor which is fairly sensitive, i must use the output to 4 decimal points and its this that is calling the problem, no biggie though. Cheers again
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,364 Views)