From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph in subpanel blocks view of controls in cluster

Hello!

We are working on a program that collects data from a DAQ and will post information to the user. The user will be able to choose from some different ways how the data should be presented. The main ide for this is to use subVI to process the data and have it displayed in a subpanel. Since the program is intended for human interaction only, we would like a nice looking menu and have created a sliding menu. When the user brings the mouse over the menu button there are alternatives sliding in from left. The alternatives are a bunch of controls grouped in a cluster. So far everything is fine.

The problem starts when the sliding part comes over a graph. In this case an update of the graph will position it in front of the cluster, resulting in part of the controls not being visible. This seems to only be happening when using the graph in a subpanel. Is there anyone else that has seen this problem and have a solution?

graph vs slidingmenu.jpg

Please see the examplecode here for more information.     

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,788 Views)

I can confirm this is still happening with LV 2010.

The obvious workaround would be to make sure the buttons don't intersect the graph. There might be some other options you can try, such as defering and undefering panel updates, but it's probably not worth the bother.

I reported this here.

Hi

I can also confirmed this, having bumped into it myself:

19503iBD011E68938F0A25

It only seems to happen, like you discovered, when you use subpanel controls and deal with objects that redraw a lot. I didn't find a solution to it and did as tst also suggested, made sure the tray never extends over the controls. Far from ideal and totally deserving a CAR. Will post the number when I created it (tomorrow)

Best Regards

David

NISW

Message 3 of 7
(2,743 Views)

Thank you both for your replies.

I will look into if it’s possible to rearrange controls and graphs so they don’t overlap in the project. If I find another solution I will post it. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,724 Views)

CAR #241561

Best Regards

David

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,714 Views)

Hi,

I can confirm that this issue is a problem since LV7.1 (maybe in earlier versions, too!)

Any solutions from NI site?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,525 Views)

Hi EMG

The fix is still in work. When a new version of LabVIEW is released check if the CAR (se number in my previous post) is included in the ones fixed in the release.

Best Regards

David

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,519 Views)