From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph Y axis creep

I have a graph with 2 Y axes that is exhibiting a movement of the left most Y axis when graph has it's expand to pane option enabled.

Here is a shot of this starting to happen...

graph.PNG

As I mentioned it is related to the autosizing and also to my programmatic writing to the graph Y axis  scale.Increment, MinorInc, and RngStart properties.

I do need to be able to have the graph autosize and also would like to be able to manipulate the Y axis grid lines to emulate the clean  look of the hypergraph.  I have really tried everything I can think of to prevent this or to be able to restore the Y axis (which you can do in edit mode).  I am working in LV 2011 but it also the same in LV2010.  Incidently, I do have the graphs y axes set to adjust the plot size as needed so it should make room for itself automatically, which it does when the graph has not been autosized to fit the pane.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,331 Views)

I think it was Christian that found that

Advanced > Reset Scale

and

Auto adjust

have an effect on Y-scales postions. If you have not previously you may want to try those.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 12
(4,313 Views)

Hey Ben,

Thanks for the reply...

I do have 'Auto Adjust Scales' enabled and it does work as expected except for when the vi that contains the graph autosizes which in turn triggers the graph, which is set to also autosize.  Then the Y axis position gets hosed up.  In edit mode you can right click and reset the scale layout, but I cannot find a way to do that when the vi is running.  I can programmatically set the left border of the plot which will move the wayward y axis back in view, but I am not sure how to detect, other then visually, when I would need to do that and also what to set it to.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,311 Views)

sachsm,

Try unchecking the 'Autio Adjust Scales' option and see if that solves your problem. This has resolved the issue for someone in the past.

Regards,

Renee

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Regards,

Renée M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 4 of 12
(4,281 Views)

Ben wrote:

Advanced > Reset Scale

Actually, it is:

Advanced > Reset Scale Layout

Message 5 of 12
(4,273 Views)
Yes that is the correct name and it does correct the y axis creep, bur unfortunately it is not available programmatically.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,270 Views)

sachsm,

I believe that is the only solution available at this time. We hope to have a better fix in a future release of LabVIEW.

Regards,

Renee Michaud

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Regards,

Renée M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 7 of 12
(4,260 Views)

@Renée wrote:

sachsm,

I believe that is the only solution available at this time. We hope to have a better fix in a future release of LabVIEW.

Regards,

Renee Michaud

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Can you enlighten us on the exdact form of that hope?

Are we supposed to keep this request in our prayers?

Are supposed to hope that R&D (that seldom seems to read this forum) will stumble on this thread and include it in a future version?

OR

Is there a CAR associated with this thread?

If editing the VI is the only option to fix the scales, then this is a bug. Please log it as such. If th CAR gets shutdown, please share the verbage from R&D telling us why this is not a bug.

Parphrasing one of Michael Avaliotis' old signatures

"Talk is cheep, show me the CAR."

Smiley Wink

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 8 of 12
(4,257 Views)

Just to be clear... the reset scale layout is only available at edit time.  It is not available programmatically or via the right click menu of the graph control.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,256 Views)

Ben,

This issue was reported in CAR ID#302673, and is being actively worked on by our developers. Unfortunately, I can't make any specific predictions as to when this issue will be resolved, but feel free to reference that CAR number in the future to get an update.

Regards,

Renée M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 10 of 12
(4,242 Views)