LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph Curser doesn't update

I have a X-Y Graph the has a plot of Temperature vs Time. The graph has curser that is locked to the plot. As I move the curser through different points the curser X and Y positions update. However if I move the curser over a point which has NaN Temperature the curser's Y position does not update. The Xposition (time) updates but the Temperature shows the old value instead of the NaN.  As you can see in the picture the curser is over a point which is NaN but read out shows 218.85. The funny thing is that if you minimize and maximize the screen it will update the read out! I think this is one of the other bugs that needs to be fixed in the next LabVIEW. Any inputs or suggestion as to how to get around this bug in LabVIEW is greatly appriciated.

Message Edited by Nariman on 07-05-2005 12:00 PM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,131 Views)

I can confirm this in 7.0. An example is attached.

Note that this only happens if you move the cursor sideways. If you grab the cursor where the point is (it's shaped like a cross), it will snap to the closest point (so that's your workaround).

To submit a bug, use the email option here. Include a link to this page.

(3,112 Views)

Nariman and tst,

Thank you for pointing out this behavior. I've made a note of it and filed the appropriate documentation for R&D to look into it. Thanks and have a great day!

Tyler S

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,088 Views)

Thanks tst I was waiting for your reply, and as usual speedy and useful one. The problem is that this is an analyzer program that I am writing and there is no guarantee how the user is going to interact with the screen. So for now I think I am going to create my own custom read back numeric box. This will update slower and reduces the speed of the program but it will behave properly no matter how the user interacts with the curser.

Tyler thanks for taking action. I think this is one of the old bugs that has stayed with LabVIEW. Hopefully next revision will pesticide this bug.

Nariman

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,078 Views)
From your post it seems that this did not occur to you, but you inspired me - Simply use the Cursor.PosY property to get the value. It updates correctly, and shouldn't slow down your program if you use 5-10 times a second.

(3,069 Views)