cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Earth With LabVIEW 8.0?

Re: Google Earth With LabVIEW 8.0?

Hi Maze,

Sorry here you go. In the Write KML file there is a multiplier option, this is a multiplier for the height of the track, please male sure this is set to something other than 1, I would suggest a value of 10.

Regards
JamesC
NIUK and Ireland

Message 21 of 33
(6,182 Views)

Has anyone generated custom pins or generated shapes in LV generated KML?
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 33
(6,079 Views)

Could someone please save these .vis for LabView 7.1? I neither have LabView 8.0 nor 8.2 and this program is exactly what I'm looking for right now.

Thanks in advance.
Philipp
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 33
(5,939 Views)

Maybe I should make myself clear. I need Google_Earth-KH_80.llb for 7.1 or does it have any requirements that only versions >=8.0 can fulfill? I've already written the program to catch data from a GPS device via the NMEA protocol myself before I discovered this thread but also want to export KML files. It would save me some work if you provided the Read_GPRMC_Data_8.zip for LabView 7.1.

Besides: I saw that TerraView uses black and white pictures from Google Earth. Do you know if color pictures are also available?

Thank you
Philipp
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 33
(5,931 Views)

Hi Phillip,

Attached is the code you asked for in version 7.1 format.

Regards
JamesC
NIUK and Ireland

Message 25 of 33
(5,910 Views)

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 33
(5,890 Views)

I'm trying to figure out how to put a marker on the map at the specified coordinates.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 33
(5,832 Views)

Hi James

I downloaded you're vi's for making a .kml file.
I am using a CompactRIo with Gxxx gps/gprs module. This module provides me NMEA gps data. I'm trying to track my Crio in GE, is it possible to get my gps data in your vi so i can write a .kml file?
Maybey you can help me.

Regards Folkert
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 33
(5,302 Views)

Hate to start posting in this thread after so much inactivity, not sure if anyone will reply (please do if you can help!) but i have a problem specific to the Google_Earth-App_80.lib file so here it goes

I'm trying to run Google Earth - Test.vi but it comes up with an error for Google Earth - Get Co-ords from screen position.vi. Specifically, it says that there is bad linkage to method information from the invoke node.

I havn't toyed with the VIs at all. Opening the file straight from the library gave me this error. Anybody know what is up? 

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 33
(4,637 Views)

Yush,

I found the problem. It seems that they have changed the way the data is presented. I modified the Get Co-ords vi to call a method after the invoke to provide the lat\long for screen position. In the orignial API the coordinates were presented as a variant and had to be converted to an array of doubles. The new API uses the method to provide the raw data.

With the X/Y set to zero you are getting the coordinates of the center of the map display. I have saved it as LV8.2. if you need another version let me know and I'll re post.

Robin

Message Edited by rgambin on 08-25-2008 09:30 AM
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 33
(4,612 Views)