cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glyphs no longer appear under glyphs tab in icon editor

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I have a problem that I feel may have a simple solution, but I'm not sure where to look.  My glyphs no longer appear in the icon editor, yet they are present in the appropriate folder on my computer.  I think a path may have gotten changed somewhere that points to this folder, but there is nothing that I could find in the editor or VI properties.  Perhaps I over-looked something and it's more obvious than it appears.  Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Reese

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 30
(6,997 Views)

Am also facing similar kind of problem... Am using LV 2009 my Icon Editor is not giving me the option for using the Templates and Saving them.. I Have attached a screen shot of my problem...

Am pretty uncomfortable with this please let me know how can i get back the original Icon Editor...

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 30
(6,963 Views)

Reese,

If I understand correctly, your Icon Editor does not have any glyphs in the glyphs tab. Are you able to see the categories in the category scrolled list? When you click Tools on top of the window >> list glyphs and icon templates you should get the folders that the icon editor should be looking at. These folders should be present and the current user should have access to these folders.

You might want to try "synchronize with ni.com icon library" under tools as well.

Sorry for all the speculation but there really is not any documentation available to me or customers for solving this issue. 

<Joel Khan | Applications Engineering | National Instruments | Rice University BSEE> 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 30
(6,943 Views)

P Anand,

Your issue seems connected with the version of the LV file you are editing. Have you tried opening a new VI and seeing if you still have the "old" icon editor? You should also be able to save the VI as a 2009 VI and solve the issue as well.

If this doesn't work I would try repairing your installation of LV 2009. 

<Joel Khan | Applications Engineering | National Instruments | Rice University BSEE> 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 30
(6,941 Views)

Sorry, no.  There was no listing under "Tools/List glyphs and icon templates."  I have attached the screenshot of the web page that came up.  As you can see, it appears to be pointing to the wrong path.  The problem is, I don't know where to set this at.  Thanks again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 30
(6,920 Views)

Still no change in my Icon Editior... I guess i have to Repair my LV 2009 Smiley Sad

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 30
(6,916 Views)

Hi,

I can't help about fixing this issue, but here is an interesting Darren's nugget about different Icon editors, that could probably help!

Regards,

Olivier L. | Certified LabVIEW Developer

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 30
(6,907 Views)

Reese,

I am sorry to hear that your icon editor is pointing to an incorrect path. It sounds like a file integral to the icon editor is missing or corrupted. The icon editor program is found in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\resource\plugging\Noncredit. I am not sure how you managed to cause it to start looking for icons in another location. It should be pointing to C:\Users\SURNAME\Documents\LabVIEW Data\Glyphs.

The only place I see to set the directory the icon editor is looking at is in the icon editor properties. Either CTR+p or select : tools>> icon editor properties. The first property relates to Deed party templates but it would be nice to make sure It is set to the default: C:\Users\SURNAME\Documents\LabVIEW Data\Icon Templates\3rd party.

So you don't have the ability to select:Tools>> Synchronize with noncom Icon Library? You should definitely try this. 

At this point the quickest way to get your system up and running is to do a repair of LabVIEW. 

<Joel Khan | Applications Engineering | National Instruments | Rice University BASE> 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 30
(6,892 Views)

Well, repairing Labview didn't work.  I still do not see any of the glyphs in the icon editor.  What else could the issue be?  Do I need to do an uninstall/reinstall?  I hope there is a simplier solution.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 30
(6,835 Views)

Reese,

do you have LabVIEW installed on a network drive or is your LabVIEW Data folder write protected or is your LabVIEW data folder on a network drive?

I can't think of another reason why the icon editor doesn't show any glyphs/templates.

However, I have attached two zip files. One contains the glyphs and the other one the templates that are installed by default.

If you go ahead and unzip those to

C:\Documents and Settings\*** FILL IN YOUR WORKSPACE HERE ***\My Documents\LabVIEW Data

(Unzipping both should result in two new folders withint the LabVIEW Data folder. One is called Glyphs and the other one Icon Templates

you will see the glyphs and the templates the next time the icon editor is launched.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Pls let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Tom

Download All
Message 10 of 30
(6,824 Views)