From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glitches on digital signal from 5751

I am driving four LMH6574MA multiplexers with digital signals from NI-5751 digitizer (running on NI PXI 7953R FlexRIO). There are glithches on all the digital signals (signal frequency is 40 MHz). Is there a way to clean these signals up in software?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,099 Views)

It's either Hardware, Software, or Cabling (and you haven't told us much about any of these, especially software -- no code).  Plus I'm confused -- isn't the 5751 an A/D converter?  What are the nature of the signals you are digitizing?  By "digital signals", do you mean the digitized version of the analog signals?  Are the "glitches" present on the input (i.e. if you look with a scope, do you see "noise")?  Are you looking to filter your digitized signal?  Can you show us a "clean signal" and one with glitches?

BS

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,081 Views)

The 5751 does also have 8 digital input lines and 8 digital output lines.  According to the spec, the maximum toggle frequency is 1MHz (that is with all of the Digital Outputs toggling).  So you might just be going too fast for the board.  Of course, there are many possible noise issues here: lack of grounding, ground loop, lack of sheilding, bad connection to test board, etc.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,073 Views)
Can you show a bit more of the circuitry involved? I'm not clear where the glitches are from your description. Maybe a bypass cap or two are in order?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,069 Views)

Did you place the AI node in the IO Mod Clock 0 clock domain?

Capture.PNG

If you don't have those analog input nodes inside of the correct clock domain you'll be performing an unsafe clock crossing that will result in glitching.

The user manual walks you through how to add the IO Module Clock 0 to a project. Or you could start from the getting started example.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,043 Views)