cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghost dependency : LabVIEW 2016 bug ?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Our applications are developped with low level packed library which are then called by a Main porject.

We have a dependency warning on each low level packed libraries calling library "X" trying to link "VI" (ReadCalibration).

The amazing thing is that on each low level packed librairies or Main project containing "X" find Callers/SubVIs return "No items found" missing item nothing because VI is not used in Main app yet and why this item is in dependecies? open the packed library X tree view above the public place of the library (VI is located above Public in Private folder).

What's important to know is that VI is in a private access scope of the library. I tried to change it in public to access it in main project but the Warning remains.

I tried the replace item which make the warning instantly reappears.

Moreover this warning is not a problem at all, i can build all PPL and in main project EXE and Installer... !!

But that's ugly and peraphs a LabVIEW 2016 bug ?

I unfortunately couldn't share my code but i can answer any tips you could have to solve this !

BR,

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,772 Views)

You know I've been running into this issue recently on 2015 and I worry that some of my poor IDE performance is related.  I was having a sluggish IDE when opening a large-ish project and so I started poking around trying to see what the issue was.  At once point I decided the issue might be with a set of polymorphic VIs so I inlined some code and was able to delete some subVIs that were called.

When I opened the project I got the browsing dialog stating it was looking for the deleted VI which I thought was odd but figured I must have missed a place that was calling it.  After loading the project there was no errors, no conflicts, and no missing VIs in the project under dependencies.  I did a mass compile of the whole project (CTRL+Shift+Run arrow) I deleted compile cache, and tried several other things but every once in a while I'll open code that still complains about a missing VI that isn't called or used.

One thing that might be significant is the VI I deleted was a normal subVI that had execution set to inline.  I'm not quite sure if that matters.  The worst part is I can't even figure out what VI is thinking it is missing.  An attempt to open some code until the culprit was found didn't work.  The project is library heavy but not class heavy, and the missing VI wasn't in a library of any kind.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,721 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vincent90

Thank you Hooovahh for your feedback.

I did try mass compile but the VI dependency was still there.

I finnaly figure it out openning all VIs from the Calibration PPL and found that the VI was in fact misslinked into a disable structure sequence i forgot to delete...

That's so weird the missdependency didn't occur in Calibration PPL but in any project calling this library !

LabVIEW tools dependencies where confusing to find out where the issue was...

I think the missing dependency should have occurred into the PPL project and not its callers.... this is might be a bug.

BR,

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,703 Views)