LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting output from a Labview exe

Hi,

I have a Labview exe for simple addition functionality. The input values for addition are obtained using command line arguments. I have to get back the result, in the VI from which the exe is called. I have tried using .net property to write in the console so that I can get the result from Standard Output terminal in the "System exec" node. 

Is there any other way of getting result? The above approach needs .net environment to be installed which I am trying to avoid.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,218 Views)

Unfortunately there is no good way to do that. What I do in order to extract data from LV in a command line is make a text file inside the VI and then parse it in the command line. 

Message 2 of 9
(4,216 Views)

You can return and send params via local udp communication, via text file (continuous polling - bad) as mentioned

Do you really need the mathematical function to be exe? Can you make your subvi into lvlibp, dll or call it directly?

Message 3 of 9
(4,152 Views)

Thanks Alexander_Sobolev for your reply. I just wanted to know if there are any ways to get the result out from exe. I will consider your suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,133 Views)

Thanks Alexander_Sobolev for your reply. I just wanted to know if there are any ways to get the result out from exe. I will consider your suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,132 Views)

Thanks nicodem for your reply.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,129 Views)

Kindly let us know whether you have implemented the solution? Post your VI for reference and guide to others.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,119 Views)

Hi Mathan,

I have used .Net Invoke node Console.WriteLine to write the data. This data I can get from the Standard output of System Exec node from which the exe is called. 

I have decided to use this approach itself.

Regards,

Viknesh

Message 8 of 9
(4,105 Views)

Hi 

can you please compile the file to support labview 2015

thanks

wisam 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,364 Views)