LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error 200488 on DAQmx Start Task

Solved!
Go to solution

Ok, so the growing consensus is to make the tasks programmatically instead of using Project Tasks, or even MAX Tasks.  This is something we will look into doing.  Perhaps this is the way we should go about things now.

We have an Application Engineer looking into if there are actual issues with Project Tasks.  I hope to give an update soon, then we can consider this issue solved.

Have any of you used Watchdog in your programs along with the tasks you are doing?  We are still wondering if Watchdog has a problem with certain tasks.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(463 Views)

For me, no, I haven't used any NI-based Watchdog functionality so no further insight.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(457 Views)

Hello all.  This is a final update to this post.  We have the executable running on another PC, with the Project Tasks converted into MAX Tasks.  So far the executable has run a week without error.  Our question about Project Tasks has been sent to NI R&D for research and future bug watching, as it is a possible issue according to the Application Engineer handling the case.

So we will close this saga to our issue for now.  We will approach our projects using MAX Tasks if we use Watchdog.  Other than that, we will continue using Project Tasks, as this has been successful.  However, we are keeping all of your suggestions for additional solutions should the situation arise again.

Thanks again for everyone's input.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(431 Views)