LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an "error 3005" on a distributed app...

I have searched and tried all of the solutions provided and none of them fix this issue.

I have...

1) Recreated the ActiveX object on the front panel, re-compiled, rebuilt the application and no-go, same error

2) Manually registered the DLL using the "ccrpRegUtil.exe" program and get a failure indicating it cannot find the file. <- stupid as I cut & paste all of the info into the command line.  Not sure why it cannot find the file.  Used Regsvr32.exe to do it manually & get an error that says " DLLRegisterServer entry point is not found"

3) Tried different computers (one had Win7 & the current one has XP).  The dev box has XP on it and I have no problems running the app there.

4) Loaded LV 8.5.1 on one of the XP boxes and re-created the object with no code behind it other than the Automation Open and still get the same error

This does not appear to me to be a LV problem but more of a windows setup problem.

Help...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,315 Views)

also...  I tried to run the application on the Dev box and it works fine...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,307 Views)

TTT... still need help on this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,288 Views)

After much pain & suffering... I have solved this problem.

There was no install disk for this device, however I did find a folder with a nice little batch file that contained the regsvr32 command with the ActiveX object that was not being registered.  Found that file, moved it to my target computer, executed the bat file & viola... works..  rebooted the system & started my application again just to double check and it's all good...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,282 Views)