From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a pop-up "select a log file for vi xxxxx", how can I disable this?

Hi

I am getting a strange pop-up in my application which I suspect is associated with one of my sub-vi's.

The pop-up says "select a log file for vi save matrix data to file"  where save matrix data to file is oone of my sub vi's. 

I would like to know how I can disable this pop-up (I can't understand why it asks for a log file at all).

I hope somebody can help

Many Thanks

Ash
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(8,363 Views)
Typically you get that when you open/read/write to a file and do not specify a filename.  Pretty much all of the file handling functions will ask for a filename if none is specified.  I am a little alarmed that your program would be attempting to access a file when you do not expect it too.  Can you post some of the code?  This sort of debugging can be difficult without knowing more about the application.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(8,358 Views)

Well, such a popup is definitely not a default LabVIEW feature. You simply need to find out where it occurs, then recode.

To find the location, open the toplevel VI and do a "edit...find" as shown in the picture. That sould zero in on the problem area. 😄

Message Edited by altenbach on 07-27-2006 09:53 AM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(8,359 Views)
Actually, look at your settings in menu  "operate...Data logging...log". Anything interesting?
Message 4 of 9
(8,352 Views)

Thanks guys

I had a dattlogging option checked in two of my sub vis that format data to an ASCII file.

Fixed now.

Ash

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(8,330 Views)

I went to "operate...Data logging...log", it caused the same popup that I get when I run my VI.  The "select a log file for XXX.vi" pop up.  How can I use this information to make that pop up stop popping up?

log.png

Message 6 of 9
(7,683 Views)
Until you select a log file, you'll keep getting the pop-up. Why would you select logging and then not select a file? The log at completion is such a rarely used option in the first place.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(7,672 Views)

I wasn't trying to select log file, it must have been a fluke of a misclick.  

After reading your comment I looked at the Operate dropdown menu and noticed a "✓" next to "Log at Completion", that's weird.  Smiley Frustrated

I'm not used to seeing select/deselect controls in dropdown menus.  I tried deselecting it, and then labview stopped asking for a log file.  

Thanks for the assist 😄

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(7,635 Views)

this was the solution for me application, thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,329 Views)