LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a line of non existing data on xy graph

Hey hows it going everyone,

I seem to be having a problem with the X-Y plot function. I am passing data from a file to be plotted by the function, in which it does so properly but,

I get basically a line of non-existing data on the graph that obviously shouldn't be there. I start collecting data at 1GHZ but that is not where the data starts.

I have looked ploted the graph from two different perspectives and it seems as though it is a single data point being created at the beginning of the plot that is causing this problem, how do i get rid of it and correct my problem?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,686 Views)

This is the actual file I'm reading from.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,681 Views)

Either strip your header information from your txt file or start your reading at an offset past your header.

Each line of header is giving you unwanted data.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,651 Views)

Thank you I ad done that before but my offset was wrong, some crazy number like 281, I for whatever reason never had the bright idea to use a control to easily go through the offset values thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,621 Views)

Hey Sorry to bother again, is there anyway to offset by rows, the problem is fixed with the offset change but part of the file is the date, so July 27th etc well as months change the offset will change. Or is there a way to eliminate the header as far as what the read from spread sheet function outputs?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,604 Views)

Can't do it with the Read from Spreadsheet function.

Try reading from the File as ASCII Text and then postprocessing the text using a Match Pattern or Match Regular Expression.

From there, you can use the Spreadsheet String to Array to get plottable data.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,587 Views)