From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started with NI USB 6009

Hi there.

For your information, I'm having a NI USB 6009. And I would like to test the device by acquiring the signal from signal generator. 

The main problem I'm facing now is that I dont know how to configure this device with my computer. I'm confuse on what should be used either just "Create Task" or I have to open LabVIEW Signal Express 3.0? 

Instead of that, I was trying to import my VIs into LabVIEW Signal Express so it would be able to acquire data. However, the message showed was an error where the VI is not a source project. 

Hope someone could assist me.

Thanks

Firdaus 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,014 Views)

dear Fird!

check this link , it'll be helpful although you might find some variations in the windows appearance  but will get through this

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/2744

you can configure the Device and watch some acquired signals from it by using the MAX (from labVIEW go to Tools>Measurement and Automation Explorer

also make sure that you installed the DAQmx 

Best Regards...

Eng. Mohammed Ashraf
Certified LabVIEW Associated Developer
InnoVision Systems Founder, RF Test Development Engineer
www.ivsystems-eg.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,005 Views)

Hi Ashraf

Thanks for your help. I will try it.

Regards 

Firdaus 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,996 Views)

Hi, I am also using NI USB 6009 to connect the pine potentiostat to the computer...

But I am really new at this so I don't know what gets connected to where.

Please help me.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,939 Views)

Hello JK,

Are you trying to measure voltages from the potentiostat using the NI 6009?

For the NI 6009, two types of hardware connections can be selected: either differential or single-ended. For differential connection, the two ends of the voltage source have to be connected to AI- and AI+ of a channel on the NI 6009 (e.g. AI0+ and AI0-). For single-ended connection, the two ends of the voltage source have to be connected to AI and GND.

The pins are indicated clearly in the NI 6009 user manual and specs pdf file here. In particular, refer to page 13, and pages 17-19 for the pinout and some description of the different connection types.

For a more complete and detailed explanation of the different connection types, you may also refer to this document on the NI website.

Best regards,

Victor

NI ASEAN

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,915 Views)