LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting IMAQ Error -1074397177 after making vi into exe.

I have created a vi that captures a single frame and in this vi there are property nodes that get the interface type, image type and set the white and black level.  There are also the vi's to capture a singe frame.  The application works fine in the development mode.  However when I create an executable I get an error.  See attached.

I have tried removing the property nodes that are in the Sequence Capture.vi, but I still get the same error message.

Any help would be great.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,355 Views)
Hi Terry,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments!  I could not pull up any information regarding the specific error code that you posted.  Is it possible to post a minimized version of the code that replicates the same problem?  Also, I was hoping you could answer a few questions while you were at it:

Are you running the executable on the same computer that you developed the VI on? 
If not, are you running all of the same versions of the drivers?
Does this error occur consistently, or is spurratic?
What version of LabVIEW and the Vision drivers are you using?

Terry, if you can answer these questions and hopefully post a version of the code that replicates the issue, I think I'll be better armed to answer your question(s)!

Respectfully,
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,337 Views)

Hi Jeffrey,

I have been messing around and found that my problem is in reading the IMAQ interface type.  When I am running the vi through Labview I get an interface number of 5129,  but as an exe the number is 1409 which is the board type that I am using.  Not sure why there is a difference between the two?  However we are using two different types of cards (1409 and 1411) in our lab and I need to identify which type it is because the setting values are different.  If you look at my code I have a condition at the start to check this.  But if I check to see if the type is equal to a 1409 (which is the card I have in my development machine) it will return it as false.  I have set the check as a not equal to so I can get this application up and running for now.  Maybe you could give me some idea as to why?

Terry.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,331 Views)
Hey Terry,

I was looking at your code.  I figured out what is going on.  The Interface Type output from the property node is actually a ring.  The number 5129 is the numeric entry for the board type 1429.  Go to your indicator, Board Information : Interface Type, and right-click, then select Edit Items.  You can see in here what number corresponds to each board type entry. 

The two easiest solutions are this.  Change the numeric constant on the block diagram that wires into the equal or not equal, and change it to the numeric value that corresponds your board type.  Or, create a constant copy of the ring and wire that to the equal or not equal, and then select the proper interface type.

Hope that helps!  Smiley Happy

Sincerely,
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,322 Views)

Thanks Jeffrey,

I didn't even notice that the value coming out of the property node was a ring.

Here is a summery of why I was getting the original nondescript  error message.  The error message was coming from a part of my application that is automaticlly capturing images at predefined intervals.  In this sub-vi I set the black/white or brightness/contrast (depending on the IMAQ card being used) to a pre-defined level.  The pre-defined level comes from the BCS Adjustment.vi that I had attached.  This vi sets up the minimum and maximun values for the settings based on the card.  Because the vi was not properly indentifing the IMAQ card,  the wrong values were being set in my capture vi and thus giving me the error.

Again thanks for your help.

Terry.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,319 Views)