LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Frequency measurement from Oscilloscope

I want to get the frequency value obtained by my oscilloscope (tektronix MSO 5204B), and import it into my labview program. I can't just type the input in because the program that I'm writing is for testing the efficacy of noise-immune stethoscope sensors in an assembly line. I've already been able to communicate with the oscilliscope and obtain data like waveforms, amplitudes, etc, but the tektronix drivers don't seem to support obtaining this specific measurement. 

Below is the measurement that I'm trying to obtain. It's in a red box. I would also be satisfied with just the raw value.

Measurement Display copy.jpg

Thank you in advance for any support and help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,118 Views)

You need to read your Tektronics programming manual. I have a different Tek Scope and I found the following this simple command to get the mean value:

Get Mean.PNG

SCPI commands should be the same from Tektronics model to model. Try it and see if it works

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,115 Views)

Or just use some ready made VIs from the driver pack:

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=18775

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,078 Views)

Hi BiteSizedIntern, I have the same model and having issues with the Queries.vi sub VI for the drivers. How did you get over that? I have the same 5204B model. I am also in the process of figuring out reading the freq measurement from th scope eventually. Your inputs are valuable. Thanks again. Kiran 44

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,754 Views)

kiran44, 

Can you describe what issues you are having with this VI?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,728 Views)

I am gettign a VISA read time out error from Query.vi sub vi.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,722 Views)

Hi Kiran,

According to rule 3 of the forum user guidelines, you should not post to old discussions with new questions. 

NI Community User Guidelines: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Using-the-NI-Community/NI-Community-User-Guidelines/td-p/3164638

This is for your benefit moreso than anything else. Forum frequenters are not going to see old discussions. I recommend you make a new thread, reference this thread, and hopefully you will get more traffic and responses to your issue

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,705 Views)