LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Error NI-IMAQdx: (Hex 0xBFF6900E) No acquisition in progress.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, 

I am getting error NI-IMAQdx: (Hex 0xBFF6900E) No acquisition in progress.

Here In attachemnt I have attached my Vi, in that there are 3 cases, 1st is live streaming 2nd is capture image from camera and 3rd is load an image. when I run my vi then press capture live streaming then everything works fine, then press finish button and again press capture image case, some time this work fine or some time I am getting timeout error or NI-IMAQdx: (Hex 0xBFF6900E) No acquisition in progress this error. 

In case if capture image from camera case works fine then press finish and again when I press live streming button then I got error like mentioned above.

Please guide me how can I sove this problem.

Hope I have explained properly.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards, 

Ankit.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,364 Views)

Hi Ankit,

first of all, your design of your application is not the best. Have you considered using the statemachine with a case "wait for event" and use an event structure in it. There is a template for it when you select "create project" in the launch window of LabVIEW.

Your description of the error looks like you might have some race conditions in your program. So with the other design this might already solve the problem.

Second of all, why do you create a new image reference everytime you run the loop. Please do this before starting the loop. This is a one time initialisation.

As another general programming tip, try to avoid local variables. Most of the time there are other ways and on top you avoid race conditions there as well.

So hopefully, after restrucutring your software design the error disapears. If not, please attach your code again and also tell me where exactly this error occurs (which VI throws the error).

Best,

Anna

Anna Vogl
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Message 2 of 3
(3,300 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AnkitRamani

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

But I thing problem is gone now, as I noticed that configures and starts a grab acquisition was not able to reset propely. So I put that block into the initialisation state and now its woking fine without any error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,290 Views)