LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Error 7 with HTTP POST vi method when deplyed oin crio as executable...urgent!!!!

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I am having an application where I am accessing the dot net server from LabVIEW through HTTP protocol to send the data. My application is working fine when I am running it on XP and also sometimes on cRIO. I am writing and reading the files to store and read the data coming from the server.

When I am making the executable of my application and deployed on cRIO I am constantly getting error 7 which says "Error in Call Library Function node in LabVIEWHTTPCLIENT POST vi".

After getting this error If i try to run the my project again on crio(not through exe) i continue to get same error. That means once executable is deployed on crio i am getting the error in my project application which was running fine before deploying the executable.Smiley Sad

This error 7 is occuring very frequently. and i am unable to find out the reason. I have given all the file paths as constant that are present on crio and that files are accessed also when the application is run.

Can anyone plz help me what this error 7 actually is??

does it is related to the HTTP POST vi method...

how it can be troubleshoot??

Its quite urgent..

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,672 Views)

When I got an error 7 it was a "File not found" message.

Due to VxWorks on the cRIO target the path constant should be different than in XP.

Hope it helps

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,659 Views)

Thanks for the reply...but as i mentioned I have already checked all the paths...before making the exe the application was running fine on crio also...

I am still not getting the solution...

May be some NI person can help me out in this....

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,641 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LV_user1

Solution is provided by the NI..POST vi method miss the two files which needs to be there in the startup folder of the CRIO.insted it is there in the system folder. Hence when running the exe as the startup application on crio it gives error as the files are not there. The updated patch of this HTTP POST vi is not yet released by NI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,556 Views)

Copy "ni_httpclient.out" and "ni_httpclient_nossl.out" file from ni-rt/start/system to ni-rt/startup

Restart the cotroller.

It worked for me.. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,254 Views)