LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Cluster Info from a Reference

I want to do this:

cgi.png

But it works only if the referenced cluster doesn't contain a boolean with latching action.

Is there a workaround to get cluster info from a reference to a cluster that does have a a boolean with latching action?

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,154 Views)

@paul_cardinale wrote:

I want to do this:

cgi.png

But it works only if the referenced cluster doesn't contain a boolean with latching action.

Is there a workaround to get cluster info from a reference to a cluster that does have a a boolean with latching action?

It seems to work if you use the Value property node instead of Get refnum, with the caveat that it's slow.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,150 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

@paul_cardinale wrote:

I want to do this:

cgi.png

It seems to work if you use the Value property node instead of Get refnum, with the caveat that it's slow.

Unfortunately the won't work for me because the value of the ref is 0 (not a ref).  I'm trying to extract type information from a refnum inside a variant when the refnum is invalid.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,117 Views)

To get the data type information you either need a strict reference (not possible with a latching boolean) or a valid refnum so you can parse the information from a different property such as Value or Terminal.Data Type.  In this case it looks like you are trying to get data that simply isn't there.

I understand the siren song, but Clusters are ill-equipped as UI elements, and latching is definitely a UI functionality.

Message 4 of 4
(1,097 Views)