From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get your questions answered by LabVIEW developers.

Im running a SCXI system using a SCXI-1000 chassis, with a 1180 patchthru panel, and a 1102 and 1302 and 1303. So far we've been able to get it to measure temperature using thermocouples, and we've been able to record that. Our problem comes with voltage. We've added it as a task, but we cant seem to measure it. It just flatlines the whole time. How do I measure voltage with my system?

Another question: I have a device connected to my COM 1 port. How do I input data with that into labVIEW? The program that comes with it is really elementary, it only shows me the data that the comes straight from the device, no analysis.  Its like labVIEW and MAX dont recognize the device, but my device manager says its connected and works fine. How do i input that data and compile it with labVIEW?
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 129
(2,862 Views)
Read the subject of this thread again. Your question has nothing to do with it. Post it as a new question and you're liable to get an answer.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 129
(2,859 Views)

Thank you for replying, but could you please clarify. Do you mean i should break them into two seperate questions, or should i go to a seperate thread?

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 129
(2,853 Views)
Yes, start a new thread for your question.
Message 34 of 129
(2,847 Views)
I'm fairly certain he meant to post it in a new thread.  This thread was for people to pose questions to the people who developed LabVIEW, to find out why some things are a certain way, etc..

Post it outside of this thread as a new one (if you couldn't find your answer by searching previous threads), and you're far more likely to get your question answered.
Message 35 of 129
(2,849 Views)
I would recomend two different questions in two new threads. I would also recomend you post your DAQ question to the DAQ forum and the serial question to the Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA) forum.
Message 36 of 129
(2,849 Views)
Thank you, im somewhat stumbling around this message board, and now i've figured it out. I appreciate your help.

Mark
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 129
(2,847 Views)

Thank you, very much.

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 129
(2,964 Views)
QUOTE:"When dragging a wire to link to a node, why is  it that every conceivable crossing wire in the path flashes indicating readiness to accept the wire , however irrelevant it may be  ? And worse is the condition when a node meant to recieve only a boolean accepts a double and then calls a fault. Why not simply keep quite wothout  flashing when wire of different data approaches it ?

Raghunathan"

Wow... I've been away a few days and so many things changed..
Back to the topic...  😉

I agree with Raghunathan.

Actually, I preferred the wiring interface from LV6 - 6.1 to LV7's intuitive wiring.  Keep things simple.  I know where I want that wire to go.
(I am now working with CVI, so I've been away from LV for a while)...  However, I seem to remember that turning off some of the features to make it as close to LV6.1 as possible didn't fully resolve the issue of the flashing wires.  I did find that annoying.

QUOTE tst: "

I would like to know what NI's position is about moving LV in a more project oriented direction, having the ability to design a program\project (big\small) from scratch in LV and have some wizard help in the process of building it  (example: State Diagram Toolkit, GOOP).

Also, how about a more convenient way to perform recursive algorithms?"

Excellent recommendation tst!!  😄

I do have a question, but it should be in another thread, about the new format of the forum (quote someone's post).

Good work guys..

😄

Message Edited by JoeLabView on 07-07-2005 05:08 PM

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 129
(3,006 Views)

1) How has the LV scheduling changed over time?

2) Is the picture control really just a software version of a plotter, and what is the format of the data presented to the picture control?

3) How can we PREDICT which thread our code will run in and when will process context switches be invoked?

4) What has NI done with scripting to date and how was this implemented?

5) What will LV of the future look like?

6) How is a front panel "updated" and how are the multiple layers within a control handled ie what is cached what is not?

7) How can I guesimate the final momory demand of my application before I start coding?

😎 What are the standards used to devlop VI's in-house at NI?

9) What are the most exotic possible uses of the LV control editor and how can we harness those capabilities?

10) What changed between LV 6.1 and LV 7.0 that makes it so slow to start-up and what did this change buy us?

11) How is it determined if a "fix" for a bug is fixed or just commented out?

12) How does NI test all of LV's functionality and how can we use those techniques in testing our code?

13) What is the future of the State Diagram Editor?

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 07-08-2005 07:31 AM

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 40 of 129
(2,974 Views)