LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get digital input from a device to MyDAQ

Hi. I have a problem that I think should be easy, but I can't test it at the moment. Need to get it fixed quickly when set it up (long story). I have a motor that is giving a digital signal from when it's running and when it stops. I want to send that signal to a MyDAQ, so that my program takes measurements when the motor is running and stops when the motor stops. How should I configure my Daq-Assistant and the hardware. Is it enough to take the signal and plug it to one of the digital input signals? Or take the signal, plug it to a breadboard, connect a cabel to it from one of the digital inputs and digital ground?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(885 Views)

@kristaje wrote:

Hi. I have a problem that I think should be easy, but I can't test it at the moment. Need to get it fixed quickly when set it up (long story). I have a motor that is giving a digital signal from when it's running and when it stops. I want to send that signal to a MyDAQ, so that my program takes measurements when the motor is running and stops when the motor stops. How should I configure my Daq-Assistant and the hardware. Is it enough to take the signal and plug it to one of the digital input signals? Or take the signal, plug it to a breadboard, connect a cabel to it from one of the digital inputs and digital ground?

Thank you

You just did not give enough details to help you. "I have a motor that is giving a digital signal from when it's running and when it stops." Do you know how many different models exist worldwide? Smiley Happy You should specify the model, and read its manual. That should give you the answer. It might be that you need to use a counter input of the MyDAQ device, but all depends on the signal coming from the motor. Does it give a quadrature encoder signal? Something else?

Since you did not detail this part, we cannot really help.

For a counter config, see this link: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/347064BB2D9F168686257760004F06BF

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(857 Views)