LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get digital input from a device to MyDAQ

Hi. I have a problem that I think should be easy, but I can't test it at the moment. Need to get it fixed quickly when set it up (long story). I have a motor that is giving a digital signal from when it's running and when it stops. I want to send that signal to a MyDAQ, so that my program takes measurements when the motor is running and stops when the motor stops. How should I configure my Daq-Assistant and the hardware. Is it enough to take the signal and plug it to one of the digital input signals? Or take the signal, plug it to a breadboard, connect a cabel to it from one of the digital inputs and digital ground?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,602 Views)

@kristaje wrote:

Hi. I have a problem that I think should be easy, but I can't test it at the moment. Need to get it fixed quickly when set it up (long story). I have a motor that is giving a digital signal from when it's running and when it stops. I want to send that signal to a MyDAQ, so that my program takes measurements when the motor is running and stops when the motor stops. How should I configure my Daq-Assistant and the hardware. Is it enough to take the signal and plug it to one of the digital input signals? Or take the signal, plug it to a breadboard, connect a cabel to it from one of the digital inputs and digital ground?

Thank you

You just did not give enough details to help you. "I have a motor that is giving a digital signal from when it's running and when it stops." Do you know how many different models exist worldwide? 🙂 You should specify the model, and read its manual. That should give you the answer. It might be that you need to use a counter input of the MyDAQ device, but all depends on the signal coming from the motor. Does it give a quadrature encoder signal? Something else?

Since you did not detail this part, we cannot really help.

For a counter config, see this link: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/347064BB2D9F168686257760004F06BF

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,574 Views)