LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get data type icon for use in tree control

The help dialog for a cluster shows a tree-like list of the cluster's contents, with a small data-type icon for each item. Are these icons available programatically? I'd like to use them in my own tree control for displaying/selecting the contents of a cluster or class.

Capture.PNG

(2,721 Views)

You can use a private property to snag those symbols.

DataTypeImage.png

Message 2 of 7
(2,698 Views)

This is a great help, thank you. I can't find this method in my methods list, but your snippet allows me to access it. I'd like to know how to find this myself.

By the way, if you do not clip the image, you can see the entire line from the help dialog. Remarkable. This allows me to recreate the dialog almost exactly. Neat!

(2,504 Views)

I can't tell you how to find that it exists without already knowing that it exists, but if you do know that it exists and want to set it:

1. Drop down a property or invoke node of the appropriate type (in this case, Application invoke node)

2. Select it so that it and only it is highlighted

3. Press control-space to bring up QuickDrop

4. Type in the name you want, exactly (in this case, "GetDataTypeHelpImage"), but don't press Enter

5. Press Control-shift-B (This is the "VI server rename" quickdrop plugin.  Without shift you're choosing the type of node, and with it you choose the actual property or method of the node)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,309 Views)

If you want to be able to see all the private properties, add this to your LabVIEW ini file:

SuperSecretPrivateSpecialStuff=True

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,301 Views)

I think you are missing a step.  I think you need to have a token added to your LabVIEW.ini to enable the private nodes.

See https://lavag.org/topic/15869-what-exactly-is-supersecretprivatespecialstuff-for/

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,299 Views)

SuperSecretPrivateSpecialStuff=True

That sound like you just made it up. LOL

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,216 Views)