From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Pixel Values from Line Profile Graph As Array.

Hi guys, 

I am really new in Labview and  need your help.I would Like to get Pixel Values along a Line . I Made a Programm in Vision Development and export it as Labview Vi. The program get the pixel values of the line automatically and plot them in Line Graph . But I want to connect it to PLC therefore I need every Pixel values to compare with a threshold Value.

Now My question

I want  to get pixel values along a line as an Array ( all Data of y Axis as an array )  and set a threshold, if Pixel Values are higher than threshold Value, then give me an Output Signal. 

How should I Program it.

I attached my program and Graph.

Thank you in advance

Masoud 

IMG-20191123-WA0002.jpeg

IMG-20191123-WA0000.jpeg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,014 Views)

This is 2019, that kind of attachment doesn't begin to make sense.

If you MUST attach a picture, take a screenshot (or please, a picture from straight on instead of angled).  If that isn't a requirement, attach the VI itself (not a picture of it) so we can take a look and work through it.

I tried to take a quick look at the picture and was having more frustration with reading it than I'm willing to put into it.  I suspect you'll find similar sentiments elsewhere.

Though, if you're creating a graph, you already have an array of all the values.  I'm not sure what it is you're hoping to do here.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,000 Views)

Post your VI (not a picture of your VI, or even worse, as you did, a picture of a screen showing a picture of your VI).

I'm not sure what you mean by "pixel values".  I see what looks like a graph (I can't see that picture clearly either), but am not sure how you got it (I think that might be shown in the "picture of a picture", but who can tell?).  If it is a graph, or a picture of a graph, meaning that you have a set of pixels where (a) the pixel value takes on one of two quantities, say "black" or "red", and (b) all (or almost all) the X pixel values are represented by a single "on" ("red"?) pixel, then it should be a piece of cake to simply find the coordinates of all the "on" ("red"?) pixels, sort by X (which should have equally-spaced single entries) and return the Y values as the Array of Pixel Values.

Bob Schor

Message 3 of 4
(1,994 Views)

Thank you for your quick reply and sorry for pictures.

I know that we need set of data to plot a diagram.I generated this LabView code using Vision Assistant. I have worked with LabView since two days ago. Therefore I do not know how can I get these automated generated values or set of data from 0 to 255 on the Y axis from my graph. (I need all points that are plotted and I showed in new picture on the y axis). I attach a picture and the VI Code.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,981 Views)