cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get PXI Chassis number using system config. palette

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

i'm having some troubles trying to get the PXI chassis number using the VIs in the system configuration palette.

My goal is to programmatically find PXI chassis and iterate into the PXI slots, getting informations of each PXI module (if present).

The only piece that I am missing is the PXI chassis number to use with the system filter in order to be sure that i'am looking at a module that resides inside the PXI chassis i have considered.

In the attachment a little piece of my code.

Can somebody help me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,100 Views)

It's better to include your VI. The following will find all chassis and all DAQmx devices in the chassis. The slot number can gotten by a property node as shown in the snippet. V2016 attached.

mcduff

snip.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,076 Views)

Hi mcduff thanks for replying!

I'am still missing a part:

Suppose that you have 3 PXI chassis with some devices inside each of them and in the same slot positions;

How can you tell the parent chassis of each device?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,067 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author FreddyV

When looking at the chassis properties, there is a property called ProvLink, it is in the snippet I included. That number will be identical to the ConnLink Property for each device in the chassis. (Also included in the snippet.) Match these numbers and you can tell which chassis is the parent and which device goes in which chassis.

mcduff

Message 4 of 6
(3,061 Views)

OK it seems to work!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,005 Views)

@FreddyV wrote:

OK it seems to work!

Thank you!

Here's a suggestion that I use when finding all of my instruments. 

Make a cluster with the following items following this order:

1. Link (Can be either ProvLink or ConnLink)
  2. Enum that is Chassis(0) or Device(1)
  3. Slot Number
  4. Add whatever else you want to the cluster.

Now once you find everything you will have an array of clusters. If you sort the cluster, using the sort function in the array palette, you will get Chassis1, Device(Slot 1), Device(Slot2), ... ,Chassis2, Device(Slot 1), Device(Slot2), etc. Everything will be sorted.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,982 Views)