From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Object Reference by Bookmark ID

It is not clear where Bookmark ID (a U32 numeric) can be accessed to use the GetObjRefFromBkmrkID invoke node. I understand there is an app invoke node, "Get VI.Bookmarks" that outputs the "Bookmark Reference" (also a U32), is this equivalent to the VI Bookmark ID. So if name my book control is named #stop, use the App Bookmark Reference output into GetObjRefFromBkmrkID to get the control reference...correct or not?

I see David_L explains here but he's not clear on this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,567 Views)

@richjoh wrote:

It is not clear where Bookmark ID (a U32 numeric) can be accessed to use the GetObjRefFromBkmrkID invoke node. I understand there is an app invoke node, "Get VI.Bookmarks" that outputs the "Bookmark Reference" (also a U32), is this equivalent to the VI Bookmark ID. So if name my book control is named #stop, use the App Bookmark Reference output into GetObjRefFromBkmrkID to get the control reference...correct or not?

Correct.

richjoh wrote:

I see David_L explains here but he's not clear on this issue.

He's pretty clear. It might be much to grasp if you're new to vi server, scripting or LabVIEW in general.

If you explain what you are trying to do and\or why your failing, we can help you out.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,517 Views)