LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get FFTof an external signal.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I'm trying to get the FFT from an external signal, function generator actually, with cRIO-9063 and NI9205. I'm using the example code of FFT as a base for the new project. I have changed the signal which was generated by the FPGA and place instead of it the input which I'm using. 

After do this, I have a Class Conflict error at Host.vi. The output of the "Open FPGA VI Reference Function" does not match the input of the "Initialize & Run FPGA.vi" which is made for the example project. 

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Edit: I have attached three images to show the code.

Thanks in advice,

Diego.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,226 Views)

hi there and welcome,

unfortunately, i cannot help you with your problem, since i don't know about FPGA,

but i would recommend you to skim through this nice writeup https://forums.ni.com/t5/Community-Documents/Unofficial-Forum-Rules-and-Guidelines/ta-p/3536495

regards and good luck with your problem

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
Message 2 of 4
(2,211 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author diebaga

You must have changed the FPGA VI in some way.  Perhaps adding or subtracting elements from the front panel.  Did you build a new BIT file for the FPGA code?

Did you go into the configuration of the Open FPGA reference and reconfigure it to point to the new BIT file?

That green reference wire goes through a subVI.  Did you go in there and update the input and output controls and indicators for the reference wire so they reflect the new FPGA reference wire.

Message 3 of 4
(2,204 Views)

I changed the original FPGA VI deleting the signal generation and placing the cRIO input which I want to make the FFT.

I built the new BIT file and reconfigure the Open FPGA reference to poin the new file.  I went to the subVI and update (disconnect and connect the input/output controls and indicators) to reflect the new FPGA VI but all these solutions haven't work.

I attached the project to this post if it could be of help to solve this.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,165 Views)