From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Board Information.vi for LabVIEW2021

Hello, 

I'm trying to use the Quanser Mechatronic Actuators Board on my Elvis III with LabVIEW 2021.  The NI/Quanser example project has Get Board Information.vi as a dependency.  However, I can't seem to find this VI anywhere on my system or on the web.  I've downloaded the ELVIS III toolkit from the NI Package Manager, which is supposed to include the Device Management VIs pallette.  Please help, I'm out of ideas.  Thank you!

Joel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,397 Views)

Perhaps the example is looking in the wrong place for the file?  That's the only thing I can think of.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,386 Views)

Thanks for the reply Bill, I searched for Get Board Information.vi in C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments, and it doesn't seem to come up.  I wonder if the ELVIS III toolkit installation ignores its installation if one is running anything newer than 2019.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,379 Views)

@joelquintanaUTEP wrote:

Thanks for the reply Bill, I searched for Get Board Information.vi in C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments, and it doesn't seem to come up.  I wonder if the ELVIS III toolkit installation ignores its installation if one is running anything newer than 2019.

I wish I knew.  😞

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,350 Views)

@joelquintanaUTEP wrote:

Almost certainly. NI driver installers typically will only install into the LabVIEW version they match with and 3 prior versions. (eg. 19.x installs into LabVIEW 2019(SP1) and 2016 to 2018).

If you can get 2019 installed somewhere and can find out what software is all installed into it by the Elvis installer then you can try to copy all those files into your newer LabVIEW version. It won't always work but as long as it only is about VI files and DLLs it should work. The problem is to find all those files as they can be in many places inside the <Program Files>\National Instruments folder.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,292 Views)

Hi Rolf,

Thanks for the information, that's really helpful!  I'll try this next.

-Joel Quintana

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,268 Views)