From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic icon in Add/Remove Programs list

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author jmorris

Matt,

While that sounds like it will change the uninstall icon of an already installed program, what I need is for my installer to do that automatically for all of my customers after I distribute it.  Please let me know if I am missing something or misunderstanding.

Although, maybe I could duplicate that regedit process with a custom post-install batch file?  Hmm...

-Joe

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(985 Views)
Great idea! I can't help you creating those files that edits the registry, but it's easy to find. I've created some a long time ago, it's very easy and has only a few lines, just Google for a tutorial. At first I had in mind the idea that you've created your own installer, like I always do, because it gives you more possibilities. I'm glad I helped a little bit. - Matheus L. Rocha
Message 22 of 23
(976 Views)

Hi Matt,

Your suggestion work perfect for me.. 

Thanks for the idea.

How can I fix the product ID for my applcation. as it is keep on changing with new installer.

Please suggest me.

Thnaks

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(749 Views)