cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generation of two pulses sequence with different widths in DAQ

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everybody,

I'm using cDAQ & NI 9401 module to output a double-pulse-signal, which has two pulses in sequence with different widths as shown in the picture. Any ideas of how to realize this function please? Thanks a lot!

.double pulsesdouble pulses

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,732 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris333333

In LabVIEW, under the "help" menu, choose "Find examples" and search for one called "Digital - Continuous Output", or browse to it under "Hardware input and output" -> "DAQmx" -> "Digital output".

If you look in that code there's a "DAQmx write" VI that uses a 1D U32 array as input.  You'll want to switch that one to use a waveform, then generate a digital waveform that meets your timing needs.

If you do all that and it doesn't work, come back here with the code you've written and we'll be able to provide more specific advice.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,711 Views)

Hello Kyle97330,

Thank you very much for your kindly advice!

I'm a new user of LabVIEW and I've tried to generate the code following your suggestion, but there are still problems beyond my knowledge. Could you please have a look of my code as attached? I tried two methods to generate digital waveform that you mentioned, and the pulse width is expected at micro-seconds level. Both of them not working correctly.

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,690 Views)

Hello,

I've done the correct digital waveform sending to "digital write vi", but I can't get any output signal physically from my device.  Could you please have a look of my latest code?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,661 Views)

Hello Everyone,

I'm wondering that would it be easier to achieve my application by using CRIO rather than CDAQ? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,643 Views)

Hi Kyle97330,

Thank you very much. Your method is right, and I got the signal physically on device.

Anybody needs this application can refer to my last VI, just needs to care about the sample clock settings.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,624 Views)