LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating signals on Trigger interrupt with HSDIO PXI-6451 module

Highlighted

Good afternoon,

I am using a HSDIO 6541 module to generate and acquire SPI signals from a FPGA. The acquisition should be synchronized with an external CLK which I physically wired to the PFI 0 input.

I created a .HWS file using Digital Waveform Editor and used SignalExpress to send this signal on every falling edge of the PFI 0 input through the Trigger Tab. Unfortunately, the SPI signal is only send every 116 falling edge.

I have tried changing parameters here and there, but just can't seem to have it work ! Here is what I am observing. (MOSI, SPI_CLK and CS are generated by the HSDIO module, RTC is what's connected on PFI 0 and MISO is generated by the FPGA).

HDSIO--00002.pngHDSIO--00003.pngHDSIO--00000.pngHDSIO--00001.png

I have tried doing the same thing on Labview using NI-HSDIO Express (Generation) and observed the same behavior...

Do you have any idea of what I'm doing wrong? Please find pictures of my code attached as well as the .HWS file.

I am also curious as to why the CS remains high for a few us but that is a different problem.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help,
Hugues

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(44 Views)

Hello HuguesThales,

Can you try this example: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Program-Drafts/SPI-Generation-and-Acquisition-using-HSDIO-Hardware-... ?

It is made to do SPI communication with the card PXI-654X.

Have a nice day!

Clement

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(18 Views)