LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating a value change event internally by the application.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

How to generate a value change event programmaticaly using value signal property. i have find the solutions on the forum which have solution but the problem on those solution is that property node are inside a while loop, so even if value is not changed a event is triggered which is not desired in my application. Can someone give a solution for this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,878 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ayum

Use a Feedback Node and a Case Structure so that you only write to the property node when the value actually changes.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(2,869 Views)

Thanks it worked for me.

Also, if the frequency of numeric value is ver fast then some changes were getting lost , as they were overwritten even before they are executed.

So i implemeted a Queue structure base on producer and consumer tempelate in examples. Then all teh events were succesfully recorded and no change was lost.

So I just wanted to ask that is this a good way to do it or you have better solution in you mind other  than my approach.

Thanks again for your solution.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,821 Views)

What determines the speed of change? What changes the value? What is the rate?

How long does the event take to complete the event frame when triggered?

Events have an event queue of infinite size built-in, so if you fire events faster than they can be handled, they will accumulate, tying up the code for possibly a long time. Since LabVIEW 2013, there are options to limit the queue size, though, see also this idea (now implemented) 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,813 Views)