LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating/Acquiring analog signals on multiple systems connected vi a PXI

Hopefully someone can help me with this. Currently we have a Labview 2017 project we built on Windows 10 PC ("PC1") and is deployed to a PXI to run in Real-Time. We have added a USB3 computer vision camera running on eye tracking software on  a second Windows 10 PC ("PC2") for eye tracking. X and Y eye positions are written out as analog voltages to NI-DAQmx by the eye tracking software (https://github.com/oculomatic). We currently have an NI-6001 USB DAQ on PC2 connected via a BNC2110 breakout board to a PXI-6221 card in the PXI chassis where the LV project is deployed from PC1. I am trying to read the analog voltages (x and y eye position) in the project.

I can read the output voltages from AO0 & AO1 pins on the USB DAQ with our oscilloscope, so I know the eye tracking software is working and communicating with the NI-6001. Using the NI MAX test panels I can generate signals from the NI-6001 on PC2 and read them in the test panels for the PXI-6221 in MAX on PC1 (i.e. send voltages from PC2 to PC1).

When I deploy our project .vi's from PC1 to the PXI, I am not able to read the voltages in the project. I have used the DAQ assistant to set up DAQmx global channels that I have deployed to the PXI, but I am not sure what I need to do exactly from here. Do I need to create a .vi on PC2 to send the signals from USB DAQ to the DAQmx global channels? Since the project is deployed from PC1 to the PXI to run in RT, how would I add the .vi form PC2 to this project? Or is there a better way to do this?

I have also tried creating DAQmx Physical channels in the project .vi for the analog inputs where the USB-6001 AO0/AO1 are connected (via breakout board), and cfreated a task to read the analog voltages from these channels, but these are not reading the voltages from the eye tracker either.

Thank you for your help.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(873 Views)

When I hear "a PXI", I think of the PXI systems I've used, which consist of a PXI Controller running either Windows or a Real-Time OS (Pharlap or Linux RT), mounted in a Chassis along with additional modules, including a Counter/Timer module and "DAQ" modules (Multi-function card, Digital I/O card, Analog Input and/or Analog Output cards, etc.).

• What do you mean by "a PXI"?  Is it "attached" to PC1 via Ethernet?  What Real-Time OS is it running?
  • What else is plugged into the PXI "box"?

It is unclear if you plan to run your software on two PCs (PC1 for DAQ and PC2 as a "smart peripheral" generating analog X,Y signals corresponding to Eye Movement X and Y positions, but otherwise not "logically connected" to the software on PC1), or whether you need PC1 to interact (in ways not specified) with PC2.

It would be helpful (to me, at least) to have a better understanding of your hardware configuration on the two machines.  You can provide this by doing the following:

• Open MAX on one of your PCs.
  • Expand My System, and Remote Systems (if appropriate).
  • Expand the Devices and Interfaces tabs.
  • Take a Screen Shot.
  • Do the same thing for your other PC.
  • Attach both screen shots.

Here's an example from my PC:

My Hardware.png

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(801 Views)