From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating 8KHz Square on NI 9401

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello AllanIL,

please verify the 5V signal, because the driver need a sink not a source modul normally the modul can both.

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,973 Views)

Hello Duffy,

Can you elaborate a bit more on this as I am not that great with electronics. I am supplying the 5V signal as a DO to the stepper driver via DO1 which is as it is hooked up right now. I just hooked the driver up as they indicated on their drawing. Is there a difference if so how would I fix this?

Would I simply inverse the ground and the power lines within my connections?

http://www.linengineering.com/wp-content/uploads/downloads/R701-R710/documentation/Connection_Schema...

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,969 Views)

Hello AllanIL,

you use the modul like on page 16 the LED connection is shown.

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374068g.pdf

Now it was good if we see how the signal looks on the line, a scope or analog Input can be used to monitor the DO signal to see where the behaviour happend.

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,955 Views)

Hmmm... My current connections seem to be the same as the LED as I have my nibbles set for the outputs but inversed. 0:3 is my output and 4:7 is my input would this matter? I have my power out to the 5V and as well to the STEP of the driver.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,953 Views)

Hello AllanIL,

yes you can use 0:3 as output, this should not make the behaviour we see. Interesting is how the signal looks like.

best regards
Alexander
Message 15 of 17
(1,935 Views)

Duffy,

It appears that the issue was with the ramping of the motor itself. There wasn't enough momentum to get the motor spinning at the rpm needed. Do you know of a good way of constantly ramping up the velocity using DAQMX commands until a set frequency?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,927 Views)

Hello AllanIL,

not tested.

Best regards.

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,921 Views)