LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating 200kHz Sinusoidal AO USB6363

Hi,

I am fairly new to labview. I have been trying to configure an analog output for sinusoidal signal generation at 200kHz for my application generating continuously for a user defined time. I can manage this for signals up to 100kHz sampling at 1Mhz, which works okay. When I try to increase this to 200kHz at various sampling frequencies, I get an error. 

If I do a similar application of 200kHz in for finite duration (i.e. 10ms), It works. I am sure there is something silly that I am missing but I am yet to fix this issue. Any thoughts?

This specification of single channel AO generation is 2.86MSa/s which I am not exceeding. I do however notice, that if I go over 1.25MSa/S (the conditions for 4 AO used simultaneously) I also get an error, but I am only configuring and using 1 channel. Weird.

I have attached the VI example where it does not work.

(p.s. I have also tried removing the duration to stop the loop incase this is the issue, but no luck).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(726 Views)

Hi Jenks,

@Jenks123 wrote:

I have been trying to configure an analog output for sinusoidal signal generation at 200kHz for my application generating continuously for a user defined time. I can manage this for signals up to 100kHz sampling at 1Mhz, which works okay. When I try to increase this to 200kHz at various sampling frequencies, I get an error. 

Your AO task is set to 400kHz samplerate.

Your SimulateSignal ExpressVI is set to create a waveform of samplerate 2MHz with a sine at 200kHz of just 10 samples. Later on you remove any waveform timing by converting into a 1D array of samples.

Which error do you get? Where does the error occur?

My recommendation: get all those numbers clear. I also recommend to create waveforms of more than just 10 samples…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 2
(679 Views)