LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating 1.3ms DO-Signal with NI6025E

Hi
Is it possible to generate a 1.3ms short DO-TTL-Signal with the NI6025E? If yes how can I do that. Is there any example available?
Thanks for your help
Yves
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,310 Views)
If the duration must be exactly 1.3ms, the best way is to use the output of a counter (pin 49 for counter 0 and 43 for counter 1). Use the "Generate delayed Pulse.vi" located in the counter functions of the DAQ library.

Obviously you could also use advanced functions if you need more control.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,310 Views)
would it also be possible to do such an application with a FieldPoint Counter Modul (such as 500)?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,310 Views)
Unfortunately I have never used FieldPoint modules and therefore I can't answer your question.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,310 Views)
Yves;

That board of yours doesn't have digital strobed operations capabilities. That means the digital lines updates will be made through a function call, being completely Software timed. As windows manages all tasks on the computer and is responsible for all time sharing,you might see some jittering (loops executing with different durations). If you need a precise and accurate frequency, you need a hardware timed operation; which can be achieved by using the counter of that board, or by using one of the digital boards that have strobed operation capabilities (such as the 653x family).
Hope this helps.
Filipe
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,310 Views)