From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate watefall plot with Ni-DaQ

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All.

I am trying to generate a waterfall plot for dynamic data from my accelerometer in realtime. I am able to generate the regular plots correctly, however, when I try to wire the waterfall VI, the axis for frequency is not accurate as seen in the picture.

How can I fix this? Here is my attached VI

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(2,138 Views)

Can you save this for an older version of LabVIEW please. Lots of people on here don't have the latest version installed. 

I am still on 2019 for example

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(2,110 Views)

I apologize. 

Here is the attached 2015 v.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(2,106 Views)

Read the Context Help for the VI. It says:

z matrix is a 2D array that specifies the z-coordinates that graph the plot. If you do not wire the other inputs, LabVIEW graphs the number of elements for the x-axis based on the number of rows in z matrix and the number of elements for the y-axis based on the number of columns in z matrix.

You are not wiring anything for x matrix or y matrix, so the VI is just using the indices of each element of your z matrix to get each (x, y, z) point to plot.

Redhawk
Test Engineer at Moog Inc.

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.

Message 4 of 17
(2,096 Views)

Hello FireFist-Redhawk,

Thank you for your response. I think now I understand what is the problem. I will try to fix it.

I also got a solution in the following post https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Labview-2017-Waterfall-Plot/td-p/3822221

However when I try to unbundle from cluster after PSD the data seems to be different as seen.

layman93_0-1595366581873.png

How can I fix this?

Thank you for the help

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(2,088 Views)

Hello All,

I have tried to fix the program and the connections seem to be okay since there are no errors.

But still, the waterfall plot is not generated.

I can see the FFT map clearly but no waterfall plot.

layman93_0-1595424678342.png

Is there something I am missing.

Attached is the VI 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(2,025 Views)

Hello, @layman93,

As a reminder, it helps the community if you save your code in an older version of LabVIEW - many people won't be able to open the .vi you attached.

Thank you!

joeorbob

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(2,015 Views)

Apologies. I will keep that in mind and won't repeat it.

Here is the attached VI 2015 Version

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(2,009 Views)

See if this works...

Redhawk
Test Engineer at Moog Inc.

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.

Message 9 of 17
(2,002 Views)

Hello Andrew / All,

Thanks for your reply. It is still the same even when the plot helper is at Matrix mode.

In fact, even the acquisition is very slow which is believe the reason for no waterfall plot being generated.

As seen in the picture, is it because of the number of samples control.

layman93_0-1595434477367.png

How do I fix that, since for the express assistant the parameters are the same with N samples and 12800 Hz as the sampling rate?

I tried replacing the for loop with a while loop and stop control, but it still doesn't work. 

Also, It seems that data is not transferred through the inner loop for the waterfall plot generator as seen

layman93_0-1595437570985.png

How can I make this acquisition fast and generate the waterfall? 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(1,992 Views)