cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate event

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I am using Labview7.0 and need to generate automatic event. It means without any button press or mouse move activity on front panel, i want to generate event after every particular time interval. 

How i can fullfill my requirement??

Regards,

Ratna

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,022 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vijtin

Hi,

One way you can fire the event is using value signalling property node of that control or indicator.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,019 Views)

Hi Gita,

Thanks for ur reply, Can u please....upload the screen shot of block diagram for the same ???

Thnks,

Ratna

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,014 Views)

Hey gita,

I tried ur suggestion and its working fine.

Thanks for ur helpSmiley Happy

Regards,

Ratna

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,009 Views)

Hi Ratna , 

You can also use user events which allow you to fire events programmatically. Please refer to the attached vi for an example.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,964 Views)

Hi Nitish,

Thanks for ur reply.  But I m not able to open the attached vi as i m using LV 7.0  and the version of attached vi is i guess LV 10. So can u please downconvert it to 7 or post the snap shot of block diagram n front panel.

Regards,

Ratna

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,960 Views)

Hi Ratna , 

I am afraid dynamic event registration is not supported in labview 7. so i will not be able to downconvert my vi beyond labview 8. you can refer to the below mentioned link for using value (signaling) property. i hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more resources.

Regards ,

Nitish

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,956 Views)

Hi Ratna,

Dynamic event registration gives you increased flexibility in controlling how and where events are handled in your application. You can try the attachment. It should open in LV 7.0.

Thanks,

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,929 Views)

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the help. Its working perfect.

Regards,

Ratna

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,922 Views)

You are welcome.

Sanjoe

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,908 Views)