LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate data packet using DAQmx

Hello guys,

I am trying to generate a datagram using the DAQmx functions, using the following hardware:

- PXIe-1073 (Chassis)

- NI PXIe-4080 (DAQ)

The application need to be able to generate and send a data packet (attached) using DAQ, the initial pulse will always be 500uSec, then it requires to send data at 6 Kbs followed by additional more data at 12 Kbs, right now my approach is based on create an analog wave using DAQmx functions, I am taking the maximum rate, in this case 12 Kbs, then calculate the numbers of ones with the relation of this maximum rate and the initial pulse, so in this case it will be 6 ones to create the 500 uSec pulse, then using the same logic for the following data in the packet, (just fill with additional ones and ceros) to be able meet the sampling requirements, but I would like to know if there is a different approach to let the hardware to handle those rates and timing because my solution might potentially loose data since is a software base solution, probably real time functions?

Thanks for your support in advance.

Regards

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,895 Views)

Why would you loose data?

You should be acquiring all data sequentially (in a continuous loop).

You should have some data processing that keeps track of up\down going values, and the (relative) time between the transitions. In some (state preserving) algorithm, check if the times comply to the expectations, and you'll get your data. So if you're going down, and the time of the pulse seems to be a sync pattern, check if the next pulse is data. If not, start waiting for a new sync pattern. This can be done in a lot of ways...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,843 Views)