Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate a beep sound via PC speaker

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your input.

I tried beep.vi at different frequencies using labview 2015 on my laptop , no any sound at all even with the speaker volume at 100%, however, the speaker can play YouTube videos and music files without any issue.

I just wanted to have an alert sound at the end of my testing procedure to notify me that a test is done, so that I do not have to stay beside the computer and watch the program running from beginning to end.  With an alert sound, I can work on something else while keeping an ear on the sound. 

Playing a wav file does the job. 

You were right that I did not make it clear what kind of sound I wanted to make. Any sounds should work for me, but a small piece of music is better for hearing.  

Regards,

Gu

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(496 Views)

You can do what I did for my email alert (at home), which is have a .wav file of someone yelling your name when an email arrives.  It will get your attention real quick!  (And possibly give you a heart attack in the process!)  LOL.  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(490 Views)