From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate a '2 output instrument' directive to IVI driver

Hi,

I have a Tektronix AWG420 which I didn't find drivers for anywhere; however I did find an IVI driver for the AWG5x0 family in the NI drivers' zone.

As the command set for these instruments is almost identical I tried using it, and it works great with my applications for Channel1 if I turn of the 'ID query' at initialization.

However, as the driver doesn't recognize that I have a 2-output instrument I can't communicate with Channel2.

Does anyone know how can I give directives to the driver that this is a 2-output instrument?

Thank a lot,

malosh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,908 Views)

Unless you want to buy LabWindows/CVI and modify the driver (orf ind someone to do it for you), I think your only option is to use tkawg5x0 Write Instrument Data to send the unsupported commands. This (and a read function) are on the Utility Functions>Instrument I/O palette.

Since doing this makes your program instrument specific and you lose most of the reasons for using IVI, you could always write a native LabVIEW driver or use the Instrument I/O Assistant instead of the IVI driver.

Message 2 of 2
(2,905 Views)