From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate Random numbers

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I have searched the forum and have realised, there are lot of random number generation ideas, however i have a different question, best explained by the attachment.

I want to have unique outputs.

your inputs are appreciated.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,319 Views)

You need to compare the previous output with the new one; and skip it when the output is the same.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,316 Views)

Instead of focussing on changing the output.. i would like to change the random input in such a way that it always picks a unique line.

My output in my program will be hundreds of line, and so i would not like to mess around.

Please let me know, if you need any more inputs

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,304 Views)

Yep better ways to do this

If I understand correctly (from your code) you want to shuffle the lines randomly See below

untitled.PNG

For improved randomness you ca generate a random seed to input to Riffle.vi

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,293 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rambo333

I haven't seen your code because i'm using LV2009 but I think the attached vi will do want you want.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,288 Views)

I wanted to do something with the shift registers and converting my string to an array.... but my program was not very convenient to do so...

Thanks !!!

It works like a charm...

@ Jeff..

I will implement your style and see the results.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,276 Views)

I agree with Jeff that riffle is a cleaner solution:

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,270 Views)
Message 8 of 13
(4,263 Views)

If you only have LabVIEW base (no riffle!), you could do as follows (taking advantage that clusters are sorted in element order):

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,249 Views)

I'm thinking Randomize 1D Array will sufficeSmiley Very Happy  Thanks for point it out- (guess what just hit my reuse library?)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,238 Views)