LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate PXI_TRIG from multiple sources

I would like to generate a trigger pulse on my PXIe-1082 PXI_TRIG(0) based on a user selected input source consisting of one of the following:

PXIe-7966R Board #1

PXIe-7966R Board #2

PXI-6281 Board #1 PFI0

PXI-6281 Board #1 PFI1

PXI-6281 Board #2 PFI0

PXI-6514 Board #1 P0.0

Or a LabView RT timed loop

Generating the PXI_TRIG from the FlexRIO boards, I understand.  But I'm not entirely sure how to tie the PXI-6281 or PXI-6514 inputs to specific PXI_TRIG trigger lines on the PXI-1082 backplane.

Thanks,

XL600

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,720 Views)

Hey xl600,

Is there a specific function of the DAQ card that you want to send the trigger based on? For example, when the acquisition starts? Or do you simply want the user to be able to manually route the trigger?

Matt W.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,666 Views)

The triggers are external video sync signals primarily.  So I would just want to route the external signal into PXI_TRIG(0) from any one of the selected locations for use by my PXIe-7966's for capturing frames.  It's mainly a manual routing desire.

Of course, I would also want to be able to tie PXI_TRIG(0) to some DAQ start but not for this particular application.

Thanks,

xl600

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,655 Views)

Have you tried using the DAQmx Connect Terminals.vi? This would allow you to route between a source and a destination terminal.

Matt W.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,639 Views)

Not yet.  Just gathering ideas.  It looks like the immediate route approach from DAQmx Connect Terminals would work in my situation better than task based routing since I need to make a bunch of decisions to determine which input should be considered my trigger source.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,613 Views)