LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate 10 ms pulse on analog output chanel

I need to generate a VI that will produce a 10 ms pulse on the analog output channel, on the rising edge of the trigger (TTL signal) on PFI0 pin. The trigger signal may be of any duration but the analog output should be of 10 ms and should be synchronous with the rising edge of the trigger. I am using a PCI 6052 E-series card.
quick help will be appreciated.

-Shiva
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,449 Views)
Shiva;

If the pulse you want to generate is TTL type, you can use one of the general purpose counters to do that. To accomplish that with the counter, just configure the counter as Triggered Single Pulse Generation, and setup the gate of the counter to be PFI0. There is a really good example in Labview showing how to do that (Search Examples->I/O Interface->Data Acquisition->Counters).

If the pulse is not TTL, you will need to use the Analog output channel instead. If that is the case, you will need to make the AO Update signal to be the PFI0 pin, and configure the Analog Output task to use an external Update clock. There is a LV example on that too (Search Examples->I/O Interfaces->Data Acquisition->Analog Output).
Hope this helps.
Filipe
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,449 Views)